There are a lot of myths associated with the Paleo diet. Let’s examine a few of these to discover if there is any truth to them.
– The Paleo Diet requires you to eat only meat. This is not true. You can eat fish, eggs, and dairy products. No one can get away with saying they are following the Paleo diet when they have had foods from every food group in their lives.
– Eating meat in a Paleo-style diet is eating dead meat. This is not the case.
– Bread and beer should be off-limits. A Paleo dieter can have both. They can eat wheat bread, beer, pasta, and pizza.
– Dairy products are not allowed in the Paleo Diet. This is not true.
– The Paleo Diet allows no red meat. However, they are allowed meat like chicken, pork, and fish. They may eat organ meats.
– Eating red meat is the Paleo Diet. It isn’t.
– The Paleo Diet is strictly carnivorous. This is not true. You may eat fish, shellfish, and even meat in the form of vegetables and grains.
– The Paleo Diet requires you to kill and eat animals. This is not true.
– The Paleo Diet doesn’t allow you to eat certain foods. This is not true. You may eat poultry, eggs, dairy products, and legumes in the Paleo Diet.